Call transfer issues

Guest Guest

does anyone know how to customize the IVM Call Transfer Annouce audio file being played when a call transfer occurs. I want to make it custom audio file depending on the specific ogm that is doing the transfer so I would know what the caller called about. Based on that I choose to accept or reject call.

Otherwise what would be the use of accepting and rejecting IVM Call transfer if I can't learn more about the caller. :(

I would appreciate anybody giving that a shot, even if your idea might not work.

I need everybody's help. Thanks in advance.

I know you've really been looking for an answer for this... I've seen your post or a similar post many times... what about this...

Provided you're supporting the 'hook flash' transfer... try to set it up like this. i haven't tried it, but in my head it works...

Set up your own 'transfer query' by... when the caller presses 1, the IVM Dials " ! 123456789" (whatever your number). Basically, it does a transfer. In the "THEN" box, put Go To OGM... where you'll then have the system go to another OGM that tells YOU where they are coming from... for example, "emergency" or "personal". You then set it up that when you press 1 (to accept), it dials " ! ", THEN "hangup"... this completes the transfer. Or, you press 2 (to decline), and it dials " !, !" THEN Leave a message in mailbox.

Does that make sense? Basically, you're doing a 'confirmed transfer' manually that you make yourself. You end up responding to the IVM assistant based on the nature of the call. It might even be possible to have it read out the CID. The key part in this would be that if you reject a call... and press 2... press it and hang up, because for a second, the person will be able to hear you.

Let me know if this helps!

Scott

does anyone know how to customize the IVM Call Transfer Annouce audio file being played when a call transfer occurs.  I want to make it custom audio file depending on the specific ogm that is doing the transfer so I would know what the caller called about.  Based on that I choose to accept or reject call.

Otherwise what would be the use of accepting and rejecting IVM Call transfer if I can't learn more about the caller.  :(

I would appreciate anybody giving that a shot, even if your idea might not work.

I need everybody's help.  Thanks in advance.

Scott,

I truly appreciate your effort. Matter of fact, I had thought of what you suggested, and I was trying to test it, but was having trouble with it due to my phone service disconnecting all parties once the IVM hangs up on the 3-way call. On the other hand, I have not tried to the press 2 to reject, haven't gotten that far after disappointment with the phone service. I will post once I work more on it. Once again, thanks for your input.

Guest Brian Melendez

I have a better way of doing it than that. What version of Windows are you running? You can contact me at b.melendez@comcast.net for more information.

I have a better way of doing it than that.  What version of Windows are you running?  You can contact me at b.melendez@comcast.net for more information.

Thanks Brian, Running Windows 2000 Pro, could you kindly share your thoughts in the forum? Thanks for your help. ;)