Need help to eliminate wind noise from recording

dmledoux

I just got WavePad and have spent hours trying to figure out how to eliminate the wind noise from the my son's wedding video. This is the only video of the wedding and it really means alot to me to figure out how to get rid of the wind noise. Thanks in advance for any help from the forum members.

I am guessing, but you probably have already gone to Effects / Noise Reduction? Just checking. Or maybe in the EQ?

Thanks for your reply. I took samples and applied them too the entire track but having no luck. Maybe I'm not grabbing the correct sample. There is constant wind noise from start to finish on the track, so Maybe that is the issue. Haven't tried the EQ. Not sure how to determine the Freq to be able to get rid of the wind noise.

Thanks for your reply. I took samples and applied them too the entire track but having no luck. Maybe I'm not grabbing the correct sample. There is constant wind noise from start to finish on the track, so Maybe that is the issue. Haven't tried the EQ. Not sure how to determine the Freq to be able to get rid of the wind noise.

I see, and No Problem for the reply. I am thinking that if you did decide to try with the EQ, I would first make a copy of the original before you try, just in case. Then I would think (not realy sure) that it would be in you MID section of the EQ.

Anyhow, I am sorry I was unable to help you any better, and I hope you could figure it out. If you do, and if you could remember to, reply to this thread explaining how you did it, it would be realy useful, to me anyhow, and probably others.

Ok, good luck my friend smile.gif

I see, and No Problem for the reply. I am thinking that if you did decide to try with the EQ, I would first make a copy of the original before you try, just in case. Then I would think (not realy sure) that it would be in you MID section of the EQ.

Anyhow, I am sorry I was unable to help you any better, and I hope you could figure it out. If you do, and if you could remember to, reply to this thread explaining how you did it, it would be realy useful, to me anyhow, and probably others.

Ok, good luck my friend smile.gif

Thanks for the info. If I am successful, I will indeed post it here. Have a super day.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got WavePad and have spent hours trying to figure out how to eliminate the wind noise from the my son's wedding video. This is the only video of the wedding and it really means alot to me to figure out how to get rid of the wind noise. Thanks in advance for any help from the forum members.

Hi there. Realistically you won't be able to eliminate it entirely. I expect there is speech you want to keep & the wind noise is in the background?

You can try to minimise it though. Best option is to go to noise reduction/multiband noise gating & play around with -40 to -30db. It would be the least complicated solution if the speech segments are fairly strong. Taking samples will be pretty useless in this situation as you need a pretty clean track to begin with in order for this to work as the sound you are sampling is still embedded within the stuff that you want to keep, do you see??

If the wind noise is just blustering in the background & it is only the visuals you want, just detach the entire track & put in a cute tune instead.

• 2 months later...

Dave,

you may want to first extract audio from the video with this ;

[[ Switch Audio File Converter Software

Convert and encode sound files on PC and Mac

Switch is one of the most stable and comprehensive multi format audio file converters available and is very easy to use.

Universal audio converter supporting all popular formats

Convert or compress sound files within minutes of downloading

Includes batch audio converter to convert thousands of files

Extract audio from any media file including video ]]

I have it, and it works.

next copy the file [ always work off a copy ]

now try to tweek the eq or whatever you have....[ maybe you have a friend who has soundsoapII ]

if so, soundsoapII may get most of it scrubbed, but you'll have to try it yourself.

now, how does one put scrubbed audio back in?! I don't know, but I'm sure a videophile can

tell you how to copy the vid without audio, then add the new scrubbed track back in.

best wishes for you

kw