Limit acceptable values

Guest Nick

Ive set up an OGM with a data variable that I want to store a 4 digit number in. I can limit the variable to the range of 0 - 9999 as required, but this means that 55 could be entered, when I want to enforce 4 digit selection.

I have tried using the "Limit acceptable values using list" and setting Exclusive List, and a Short comma delim list of "0000,0001" but I can still enter 55# and get the next OGM

The help does say that variables can be validated prior to moving to the next OGM, but this is not happening.

Is there a trick to this that I'm missing?

Ive set up an OGM with a data variable that I want to store a 4 digit number in.  I can limit the variable to the range of 0 - 9999 as required, but this means that 55 could be entered, when I want to enforce 4 digit selection.

I have tried using the "Limit acceptable values using list" and setting Exclusive List, and a Short comma delim list of "0000,0001" but I can still enter 55# and get the next OGM

The help does say that variables can be validated prior to moving to the next OGM, but this is not happening.

Is there a trick to this that I'm missing?

Maybe you should try 1000 to 9999 instead of 0000. Also, you're going to the next OGM because you are hitting the # button. If you use 1000 & up then 55# would not be an acceptable input.