Problem with pixalation when using transitions

DurkVell

I'm having pixelation problems when I use transitions between video clips (HD MTS files Canon). When I remove the transition all works just fine. Puting it back with the same or another transition (I normaly use just "fade") brings back the problem. I tried closing the project and opening it again, closing and opening VideoPad, but to no avail!

Can someone tell me what's wrong?

I'm using VideoPad Prof. v 2.41 (paid version) om an Intel 4-core i7-2600, with 4GB memory, Windows 7 64bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having pixelation problems when I use transitions between video clips (HD MTS files Canon). When I remove the transition all works just fine. Puting it back with the same or another transition (I normaly use just "fade") brings back the problem. I tried closing the project and opening it again, closing and opening VideoPad, but to no avail!

Can someone tell me what's wrong?

I'm using VideoPad Prof. v 2.41 (paid version) om an Intel 4-core i7-2600, with 4GB memory, Windows 7 64bit.

I have noticed the same behaviour myself. I'm not sure if this is a problem with only Videopad or the MTS files in general, it is not a good format for editing. I now convert the MTS files to either Huffyuv Avi (lossless compression, but huge file size) or high bitrate MPEG4 (Xvid) and edit those files. I also noticed that I had sluggish performance when using MTS files and it would take over 10 sec when I tried to reverse 1 frame. Anyway, with Huffyuv or MPEG4, everything works well, including transitions.

Thanks a lot!! I'll try your suggestions! I'll let you (and others) know!!

Thanx!!

I have noticed the same behaviour myself. I'm not sure if this is a problem with only Videopad or the MTS files in general, it is not a good format for editing. I now convert the MTS files to either Huffyuv Avi (lossless compression, but huge file size) or high bitrate MPEG4 (Xvid) and edit those files. I also noticed that I had sluggish performance when using MTS files and it would take over 10 sec when I tried to reverse 1 frame. Anyway, with Huffyuv or MPEG4, everything works well, including transitions.

I think I prefer the lossless solution and take for granted the bigger file size. So I downloaded the Huffyuv codec from: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/HuffYUV. Now I'm looking for a program to convert MTS to Huffyuv format and find a lot of them! What program do you use? I like to keep as much quality as possible!