'VideoPad Editor has crashed because of an abnormal exception'?

WhateverItTakes

Hello! :D

I've got a question, of course I do...

So I use VideoPad Editor for three weeks now and I've never had any problems until now.

When I open the program and want to edit some videos, an error message pops up after few seconds:

'VideoPad Editor has crashed because of an abnormal exception.

Would you be willing to complete a NCH Software Bug Report so our programmers can try to fix this? If so, please click Yes and then enter the field to tell us exactly what you did so we can attempt to repeat it and fix it.'

I already re-installed everything but it keeps coming back. So what can I do now? VidePad Editor is great so I don't want to look for another program.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! :D

I've got a question, of course I do...

So I use VideoPad Editor for three weeks now and I've never had any problems until now.

When I open the program and want to edit some videos, an error message pops up after few seconds:

'VideoPad Editor has crashed because of an abnormal exception.

Would you be willing to complete a NCH Software Bug Report so our programmers can try to fix this? If so, please click Yes and then enter the field to tell us exactly what you did so we can attempt to repeat it and fix it.'

I already re-installed everything but it keeps coming back. So what can I do now? VidePad Editor is great so I don't want to look for another program.

I had been using the program for 1 week and it was fine. Then on my third video I tried to uploae it to FB and received the same message. I don't seem to be able to get a response from Tech Support, so I purchased the program and am still getting the same error message. I purchased the premium package, but no extra tech support. can someone help?

• 2 weeks later...

Save Movie has never worked from the start. numerous Bug reports and nada. I have to buy support to get this **** to work?

WTF :angry:

So whats the deal. I have the same problem. The basic version never gave me any problems till I bought the premium package, and I get the same thing as you guys. It wont let me save the movie, keeps freezing or locking up.

• 1 month later...

I never had any problems making the "movie" with the free version...buthave never been able to do it with the version that Paid for...

Despite numerous "bug reports", there has never been a response from the company...

They seem to know about this and only offer a newer version for more money...

I'm disappointed and ripped-off like the rest here...

The program crashes with some sort of message about "exceptional error" and then invites a bug report that is never answered...

• 1 year later...

Okay. Here's the deal. I'm in the middle of making a complex G-Mod machinima with this awesome new programme I found and I start to get this error every time I place something down on the timeline. I recon it's trying to get you to buy the premum version. I think this because I spotted a spelling error in the message box. When you hover over it on your toolbar at the bottom of your Windowns 7 screen, the spelling reads 'Abnormal Execution' but when you go into the message it reads 'Abnormal Exception. If it isn't just a scam, I would requre a way to fix this extremely quickly since I have a deadline I need it to be out by. 20th of March 2013. I couldn't start again because It would take to long to edit.

Ways I've tried to fix this problem :

. Deal with it (It's too bad. I can mannage to place two clips an hour if I'm lucky)

. Run as administrator

. Restart computer

I'm thinking of re-installing the programme but I'm not sure If I'll loose my files if I do so. Just another quick note, It was working perfectly before the 18th of March...

My specs: (Incase they have something to do with it)

Windows 7 Home Premum

Manufacturer : Acer

Model : Aspire 5745G

Prosessor : Intel ® Corei5 CPU M460 @ 2.53GHz

Installed Memory (RAM) : 4.00 GB (3.68 useable)

System Type : 64-bit Operating system

Graphics Card : Nvidia GT 420M

Sorry for the bump.