Saved movie is different than Preview movie

alphacarrie

I made a movie that's a mix of video clips and pictures put to music. When I watch it in the program's preview feature, it looks great, no freezing. But when I play the saved copy on my pc, most of the video clips freeze up at the end and they "push" out the following picture. But when a video clip is followed by another video clip, it doesn't do that. I'll just show you my video on youtube if that helps. My link

What am i doing wrong? Thanks

I made a movie that's a mix of video clips and pictures put to music. When I watch it in the program's preview feature, it looks great, no freezing. But when I play the saved copy on my pc, most of the video clips freeze up at the end and they "push" out the following picture. But when a video clip is followed by another video clip, it doesn't do that. I'll just show you my video on youtube if that helps. My link

What am i doing wrong? Thanks

I have the same problem. I would love to hear what we are doing wrong.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry, I can't reproduce that effect. Placing movie clips and jpg images one after another without any transitions onto the sequence line works OK both in preview as well as in an avi rendered on the pc. It may be a problem with the settings you have used to save your end product to your pc but I'm not sure.

I used HD 720 mpeg2 video clips (converted from HD 720 mpeg4 clips) and jpeg images for my test and saved the result to the pc using the preset Widescreen TV setting. As I am using the free version 2.12, there is no setting available to convert the result to You Tube flv format.

If you have saved your project (as you should always do) reload it and try the settings above. Check the result on your PC.and then retry with different settings if it still has the defect.

Nat

Thanks for the help Nat. I updated my version and that's all it needed. I was using 2.10 previously, now using 2.41 and just used all the presets for saving. Now it plays without any hiccups :)