Recording starts over 3/4 of the way through

Guest Renee

I use Express Scribe to transcribe meeting minutes. Our meetings can be as long as 6 hours. When I get about 3/4 of the way through an audio file of the meeting, each time I release my foot from the peddle and press the peddle again, the recording starts at the beginning. The scroll bar on the Express Scribe window doesn't show that it has moved to the beginning, and the timer is set at the same time as I released the peddle, however, I'm back tot he beginning.

I'm very frustrated...anyone have any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest blaze4snow
I use Express Scribe to transcribe meeting minutes.  Our meetings can be as long as 6 hours.  When I get about 3/4 of the way through an audio file of the meeting, each time I release my foot from the peddle and press the peddle again, the recording starts at the beginning.  The scroll bar on the Express Scribe window doesn't show that it has moved to the beginning, and the timer is set at the same time as I released the peddle, however, I'm back tot he beginning. 

I'm very frustrated...anyone have any ideas?

Unfortuantely they have a bug in the software hangs at about 3-4 hours... You either have to record smaller files, or wait for the fix, they told me it would be after january sometime.