Broadwave is working, but how can I get callers into the stream for live interviews and such?

djunderground32

After days of configuring I FINALLY have Broadwave streaming. SIDE NOTE! There is a glitch in the software that will tell you the router needs configuring when it actually does not. Make sure you have everything configured properly and you should be fine. My last issue. This is going to be a radio show and I would like to have a solution to have bring other people onto the show (in different locations) with me live for interviews and such. How can I get that done? Something like phone conferencing? How can I have people on the streaming audio live? I have my 2 wireless mics linked through my mixer so it will pick up those, but what about somebody from the outside world? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Blessings....

Hi again,

I'm assuming you have Broadwave relaying the "stereo mix" from your PC, i.e. whatever the PC is playing, so you can link anything, e.g. mics, audio in (using the Line In jack) or any other sound source.

For "any other sound source" you might be using Winamp to play MP3s, for example.

In my case, I relay audio from an external location, and you can use Winamp to listen to that location, just by specifying a URL, the URL for the remote source. These remote sources could also be using Broadwave too.

I use the radio automation program ZaraRadio, which can select a variety of sources, live and pre-recorded, and then use Broadwave to relay the output of ZaraRadio onwards to the transmitter.

Hi again,

I'm assuming you have Broadwave relaying the "stereo mix" from your PC, i.e. whatever the PC is playing, so you can link anything, e.g. mics, audio in (using the Line In jack) or any other sound source.

For "any other sound source" you might be using Winamp to play MP3s, for example.

In my case, I relay audio from an external location, and you can use Winamp to listen to that location, just by specifying a URL, the URL for the remote source. These remote sources could also be using Broadwave too.

I use the radio automation program ZaraRadio, which can select a variety of sources, live and pre-recorded, and then use Broadwave to relay the output of ZaraRadio onwards to the transmitter.

Yes, I have my mixer ran into my mic input on the pc in which I have Broadwave's stream set to Mic/line in to pick up the music that I spin from the turntables/mixer. I also have my wireless mics hooked up through my mixer so it picks those up as well. Now I need to figure how to get somebody from a remote location in for live dialogue. I will take a look at Zararadio