Sony OMG file conversion

Sam

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Kevin_*

Is there an NCH forum moderator who can jump in here?

I too would like to convert my Sony Sonic Stage music downloads to MP3 files. The program only converted approx. the first minute.

Is it an effect of the Sony encoding or a built in limitation of the free version of SWITCH??? I am willing to pay a small amount for the full version if it, in fact, is the culprit.

Trouble with the Sony format is that I have not been able to create audio CDs with a combination of their formatted song files and some from my existing MP3 library...

Thanks,

Kevin

Guest Guest_Kevin_*

Please disregard my last post. I decided to search on all SONY related discussions and discovered that it is a Sony encoding "feature". Seems like the only course of action is to waste alot of time and CDs and burn audio files to then convert back to a digital MP3 format with NCH tools. (Great tools by the way!)

Cheers,

Kevin

• 4 months later...

Forget about Switch when converting .omg or .oma files to .wav. Go to Sony site and download (free) "WAV Conversion Tool" You wil still have to import the file form the minidisc to SonicStage and then convert to .wav using the WAV Converions Tool. Much better and it converts the entire file. Switch is a waste of money, frankly.