Saving Quality

forumuser

Hi

You don't say wether you are saving to PC or DVD.

If you are saving to DVD you can change the bitrate for both sound and video by clicking the ADVANCED button and entering what you want in the boxes.If you select DATA disc you get options to change the format in the same way as if you had chosen to save your film to your PC.

If you save your film to your PC by selectiong the option Computer/Data you can select a number of save options from the Preset drop-down list.....

HD 1080

HD 720

Widescreen

Traditional and etc.

You can select the output format. (There are only a couple or so available with the free version of VP)

You can change the resolution but some selections default to particular formats.

and so on.

I suggest you simply select preset HD 1080. The format will be .avi The resolution will be 1920 x 1080-HD 1080p with frame rate 25 fps. These are the default values when you select HD 1080 in the preset box. Your film will be saved to your pc as an .avi.

If you want to put this on a DVD use a separate burning program that allows menus etc. e.g. Windows DVD maker.

Hope this helps.

Nat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I havn't tried vimeo so will have a look.

I finally got a reasonable reult on utube by saving my film at the top resolution avi (HD1080) as I previously mentioned and then uploading as HD directly on the Utube site. It took a long time to upload but seems to play not to badly.

Nat

I just discovered screencast.com recently. I believe they do host a video in its original format - no conversion so no distortion. But I haven't tried that yet.

I saw your moon video. Nice shots. Once upon a time many years ago, I'd wanted to build a big Newtonian.