Fast Play when using Foot Pedal

Guest JM

I've just installed the latest version of Express Scribe. The welcome message plays at the normal speed when I use the Express Scribe buttons, but when I use my foot pedal the same file will play at a fast rate of speed. What's causing this to happen? ADPCM format 8000 sample rate.

Thanks

I've just installed the latest version of Express Scribe.  The welcome message plays at the normal speed when I use the Express Scribe buttons, but when I use my foot pedal the same file will play at a fast rate of speed.  What's causing this to happen?  ADPCM format 8000 sample rate.

Thanks

I am having exactly the same problem. Downloaded the newest version of Scribe and when I use the buttons on the screen, sounds great, but the foot pedal is at a fast rate and the doc sounds like a chipmunk.

Looking forward to your answer.

Cathy :)

CathyType Word Processing :huh:

• 1 year later...
I am having exactly the same problem. Downloaded the newest version of Scribe and when I use the buttons on the screen, sounds great, but the foot pedal is at a fast rate and the doc sounds like a chipmunk.

Looking forward to your answer.

Cathy :)

CathyType Word Processing :huh:

Try these steps: On your express scribe click settings>playback settings. Then under Rewind and Fast-Forward choose the CONSTANT SPEED mode... not the increasing speed (which is responsible for the chipmunk sound)... then click OK. You can adjust the speed on the main window lower right corner.