Remove a ticking clock noise from mp3 recordings

Lars

Hi everyone, I am converting a series of voice-only (no music) tape recorded lectures to mp3 format. Unfortunately, there is a background ticking sound (probably from a clock that was left next to the microphone) that is quite annoying. Given that I can record (from the parts where no-one is speaking) just the ticking clock as a sound signature, is there a way of using this signature to cancel-out the background ticking sound from the recording? I am currently using WavePad version 4.46. Any suggestions on this matter will be greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I am converting a series of voice-only (no music) tape recorded lectures to mp3 format. Unfortunately, there is a background ticking sound (probably from a clock that was left next to the microphone) that is quite annoying. Given that I can record (from the parts where no-one is speaking) just the ticking clock as a sound signature, is there a way of using this signature to cancel-out the background ticking sound from the recording? I am currently using WavePad version 4.46. Any suggestions on this matter will be greatly appreciated!

sorry, there is no real quick fix that I know of

mark the spots ++++ the spot til you have it exact, highlight the exact spot, then delete

I doubt that will work for, but that's all I got