need to record 0.00 in invoice

GrahamW

is there a way to record a 0.00 balance on and invoice.

The reason why I have a client who purchased an item from me that was replaced under warranty and to so the date he was given the new device I created an invoice with a 0.00 value but EA wont record it.

Is there a way to do this or not.

thanks

Graham

Sorry I forgot to say I am using 3.41.

It did work perfect in 3.30 as well but it has been taken out for some reason in 3.41 In my business I need the ability to have 0.00 value items. Eg when I sell a laptop I give a bag for free and sometimes other free items so to take them from my inventory I need to add them on each line but now I can't have the 0.00 it's a real backwards step.

Graham

Hi,

I guess there was a problem with processing payments against a zero dollar invoice. I am told that the zero invoice functionality will return in the next release, but the invoice will be automatically marked as closed so that will solve the payment issues ...

Hope this info. helps.

DJ

Hi,

I guess there was a problem with processing payments against a zero dollar invoice. I am told that the zero invoice functionality will return in the next release, but the invoice will be automatically marked as closed so that will solve the payment issues ...

Hope this info. helps.

DJ

Thanks DJ

so just to clarify something if I have an invoice like this

1 laptop $899.00

1 carry bag $0.00

1 USB Key $0.00

will I still be able to apply a payment to it because the invoice in this case is $899.00 however if I have an invoice like this

1 carry bag $0.00

1 USB Key $0.00

this will be automatically closed as no payment can obviously be applied.

Have I understood this correct.

When will this update be on the way out?

Thanks

Graham