Opening .ra file in Express Scribe

libbyst

Hello, I've used Express Scribe several times before and have not had any problems. This time, however, I tried to download 2 files with an ra extension and cannot open them. The company I'm testing for (Morningside West) said I must have Real Player and Express Scribe to work for them. Both of these programs I've recently downloaded, so everything should be up to date. When I try to open the file in Express Scribe I get the following message:

"Opening audio failed.

Unable to load Real Audio Core DLL.

This software required that the Real Audio Player be installed on your computer to load this file. Please download and install an up to date version of Real Player."

I downloaded, uninstalled and reinstalled three times with no luck. Real Player help desk said since the file was playing fine in Real Player, they could not help with the Express Scribe issue.

This is too bad, because I think I can pass the transcription with no problem--just getting these files to download and play properly : \.

Thanks very much--

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I've used Express Scribe several times before and have not had any problems. This time, however, I tried to download 2 files with an ra extension and cannot open them. The company I'm testing for (Morningside West) said I must have Real Player and Express Scribe to work for them. Both of these programs I've recently downloaded, so everything should be up to date. When I try to open the file in Express Scribe I get the following message:

"Opening audio failed.

Unable to load Real Audio Core DLL.

This software required that the Real Audio Player be installed on your computer to load this file. Please download and install an up to date version of Real Player."

I downloaded, uninstalled and reinstalled three times with no luck. Real Player help desk said since the file was playing fine in Real Player, they could not help with the Express Scribe issue.

This is too bad, because I think I can pass the transcription with no problem--just getting these files to download and play properly : \.

Thanks very much--

• 2 weeks later...