Express Scribe & Macbook Pro OS X 10.6.4 Intel Core

Guest Suzanne

O.K. I hope someone can help me. I am so frustrated. I have 2 Apple Mac's (1-iMac and 1-Macbook Pro), both operating systems OS X Version 10.6.4 with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor.

I installed express scribe, deleted, downloaded and deleted it again five times trying to get it to work. I can get a mp3 file to the program, after renaming it from a dvf, because the program will not recognize that one, but I cannot get it to play any sound. It shows that there is data in the file too! At this point, I am not sure if that is the correct file name I should be giving it. I also tried researching the problem here, on Mac's website and elsewhere, but I am striking out! Does anyone have any ideas on why the sound won't play? Or a solution to this problem? Everything works fine on my PC, but I would like to do transcription on the road with my Macbook Pro, but at this point I cannot.

Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, or can you lead me in the right direction? It would be greatly appreciated. HELP!!!

Thank you.

Guest Kristen Atkinson

I'm having the same experience. I changed my files from mp3 to wav files (using the Switch software) and now the files will load to the program but still won't play. Basically, I click play but nothing happens. I can't find help anywhere- on this site or apple. I even purchased apple softerware called Mac Speech Scribe, but it's not working well either (you have to "train" it to recognize your voice and the accuracy rate is very poor). Please let me know if you find any info and I'll do the same. Good luck!

Guest gisele aubut

I have sound!!!! After much experimenting, I've converted a dictated .wav file to Apple aif using Adobe Audition.

I loaded the file into Express Scribe & it seems to be working!