distortion playing audio cd or mp3 using wavepad

hmazuji

i've tested the cd with jetaudio player. but when i open the cd with wavepad and play it, the sound is distorted to the point of being non-functional.

what makes the troubleshooting particularly egregious is that wavepad worked fine before. no, i don't remember any system changes that affected audio settings.

i am tempted to reinstall my operating system and reinstall wavepad again, as i have already tried this solution. it didn't work before, so there isn't much hope it will work again.

i searched the post database but there wasn't anything useful. should i just contact tech support? i need this software to work, and to this end, i've purchased it. does anyone have experience with this distortion phenomena? i'm completely at a loss.

update: i've reinstalled my operating system along with all the drivers. everything on my pc is ship shape and bristol fashion. the only software installed is wavepad. this "only installed" software is indicative of it's importance. i need it to work. why isn't it working? using xp professional, service pack 2, windows media player, msi motherboard K8N Neo4 Platinum Model MS-7125; Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+;

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&cat3_no=6&prod_no=165

NVIDIA® nForce4 Ultra Chipset

Audio

• 7.1 channel audio codec RealTek ALC850.

- Compliance with AC97 v2.3 Spec.

- Meet PC2001 audio performance requirement.

update: i've isolated the problem to my audio, and not wavepad, by switching the audio out from front channel to rear channel speakers, and switching the audio out from reach channel to front channel speakers. now i can listen to wavepad without distortion on the rear channel speakers. well, i guess this mean my sound card is working fine in both front and rear outputs, but my speakers are having a problem playing it. particularly, the problem is with front speakers. let me get with that ...

• 2 months later...

I took some of my prerecorded sound files of talk shows that I have done in which with Wavepad, I converted them from WAV to MP3, and then with the Wavepad noise reduction feature I selected reduce hum and hiss at -20db. Now the sound of my files is very choppy with severely reduced volume and intermittent dead spots. Can I restore my sound files and fix this problem?

James P. Madonna

• 2 months later...

i've tested the cd with jetaudio player. but when i open the cd with wavepad and play it, the sound is distorted to the point of being non-functional.

what makes the troubleshooting particularly egregious is that wavepad worked fine before. no, i don't remember any system changes that affected audio settings.

i am tempted to reinstall my operating system and reinstall wavepad again, as i have already tried this solution. it didn't work before, so there isn't much hope it will work again.

i searched the post database but there wasn't anything useful. should i just contact tech support? i need this software to work, and to this end, i've purchased it. does anyone have experience with this distortion phenomena? i'm completely at a loss.

update: i've reinstalled my operating system along with all the drivers. everything on my pc is ship shape and bristol fashion. the only software installed is wavepad. this "only installed" software is indicative of it's importance. i need it to work. why isn't it working? using xp professional, service pack 2, windows media player, msi motherboard K8N Neo4 Platinum Model MS-7125; Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+;

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&cat3_no=6&prod_no=165

NVIDIA® nForce4 Ultra Chipset

Audio

• 7.1 channel audio codec RealTek ALC850.

- Compliance with AC97 v2.3 Spec.

- Meet PC2001 audio performance requirement.

update: i've isolated the problem to my audio, and not wavepad, by switching the audio out from front channel to rear channel speakers, and switching the audio out from reach channel to front channel speakers. now i can listen to wavepad without distortion on the rear channel speakers. well, i guess this mean my sound card is working fine in both front and rear outputs, but my speakers are having a problem playing it. particularly, the problem is with front speakers. let me get with that ...

thanks for updating that info!!!!!

I took some of my prerecorded sound files of talk shows that I have done in which with Wavepad, I converted them from WAV to MP3, and then with the Wavepad noise reduction feature I selected reduce hum and hiss at -20db. Now the sound of my files is very choppy with severely reduced volume and intermittent dead spots. Can I restore my sound files and fix this problem?

James P. Madonna

you always have to work with copies

actually wavepad does make a copy if you change the name when you save

but you have to go to file, then save as...add new name

then you'll have the original, and the one you worked on

but other than that, no sorry, it's lost.....[ I don't use their noise reduction, the controls are not to my liking, so I tweak that with other software if I have to ]