LOST FILE BEFORE SAVE WAS COMPLETED

kathy125

My computer died while I was saving a 2-hour podcast. Is there any way to retrive the file?

I noticed some users were able to save .grf and .aud files - I have NO idea hohw to do even that.

ANy suggestions on either front? Thanks much!

K :)

My computer died while I was saving a 2-hour podcast. Is there any way to retrieve the partially saved file in it's entirety?

I noticed some users were able to save .grf and .aud files - I have NO idea how to do even that.

Any suggestions on either front? Thanks much!

• 6 months later...

I'm getting this a lot too. I work a podcast regularly and it's a great piece of software but it keeps crashing when you try to edit near the end the the file (this is not the first time it has happened). I'm editing MP3's too so saving is a time-consuming hassle to save periodically.

After 2-3 hour grind of editing, it's not something you want to see. It is reminiscent of writing essays in school/university days...

Is there an auto-save feature? If there isn't, I would strongly urge you to implement one like MS Word.

Feeling numb at the moment.

• 1 month later...

My computer died while I was saving a 2-hour podcast. Is there any way to retrieve the partially saved file in it's entirety?

I noticed some users were able to save .grf and .aud files - I have NO idea how to do even that.

Any suggestions on either front? Thanks much!

the only obvious suggestion would be to work on smaller parts of the file

find a convenient spot to cut then make a folder for it and number it/them accordingly

I feel your pain...wish I had a better answer...but that's it.

I'm getting this a lot too. I work a podcast regularly and it's a great piece of software but it keeps crashing when you try to edit near the end the the file (this is not the first time it has happened). I'm editing MP3's too so saving is a time-consuming hassle to save periodically.

After 2-3 hour grind of editing, it's not something you want to see. It is reminiscent of writing essays in school/university days...

Is there an auto-save feature? If there isn't, I would strongly urge you to implement one like MS Word.

Feeling numb at the moment.

I know the feeling...it was a while back but yeah, that sinking feeling of all that lost work...you wanna scream!!!!

obviously work on copies or have copies, but like I told the other poster

ya gotta work on smaller chunks , then stitch them back together

and saving word brings back nightmares too....not from a crash, but an inadvertent bump to the wrong key lost all the previous typing and editing

and naw, word saves way faster than audio files....no can do on audio