Too Many Pops!

rickaltman

I love the current interface, compared to previous versions, but with this version, I cannot do the one thing I rely on WavePad for: splicing songs. At my splice point, the software introduces a small pop. When I try to remove one pop, I seem to only create an additional one. This happens every time I select an area and delete it. I sure hope this is me and that I have overlooked a new setting or something, because I really enjoy working the new interface. I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

Rick A.

Pleasanton CA

• 11 months later...

I love the current interface, compared to previous versions, but with this version, I cannot do the one thing I rely on WavePad for: splicing songs. At my splice point, the software introduces a small pop. When I try to remove one pop, I seem to only create an additional one. This happens every time I select an area and delete it. I sure hope this is me and that I have overlooked a new setting or something, because I really enjoy working the new interface. I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

Rick A.

Pleasanton CA

I never tried that.

are you saying you are splicing together edited songs back to back and where you splice them together you hear a pop?

are you magnifying the area large enuf to make sure you aren't missing some of the file when you delete?

you might wanna try highlighting that area, and use noise reduction on it, or reduce volume to -200%

please post back results