Cant stop the music

Harry

Heya,

recently DL'd ExpressTalk to my iMac. Did not configure ET, Did not run ET after placing in Applications folder. Upon logging back in the next day, I was greeted with "we are sorry we cannot take your call right now".

I am wondering if i am able to configure the program NOT to run unless i tell it to, whether or not i can get the sound to NOT run thru my speakers?

I have since uninstalled Express Talk, but, I am still getting the on hold music, AND the messages, when ever i turn my computer on. How can i fix this?

I attempted to install a hot fix (i think it was 3.0.2??) or some such, which was the response i got when i tried to lodge a bug report. But the patch didnt install, as "already exists in target location".

Please, need help identifying which parts of this program are still running on my imac, the only way i've found so far was to open the activity manager and force quit "ims", this kills the sound loop till i log out.

Just to repeat, i have uninstalled Express Talk, and it is still using my iMac......

• 3 months later...
Guest N_C_H_JT

The message you have described is not from Express Talk. It is generated by IMS Telephone On-Hold Player. By default, IMS will play it's on-hold messages through the speakers (for announcement style systems like a store intercom) as well as for telephone clients like Express Talk. You can resolve this by either:

a. Open "IMS Telephone On-Hold Player". Open the Settings dialog and change the "Sound Out Device" to "None". This will not prevent Express Talk from using it for hold music.

b. If you do not need hold music, simply uninstall "IMS Telephone On-Hold Player".