Echo going cassette to computer

tomopdyke

Hi,

Using the GR freebie version, and I get a bad echo on playback of the mp3 copy. This is voice. Not using RIAA (although I have tried that and the other toggles available) and my bitrate is up at 256, stereo. Gear: Technics M6 to PC with C-Media audio card. Have tried all input configurations I can think of: cassette RCA out to mike in, RCA out to line in, headphones out to mike in, headphones out to line in. The cassette audio is top-notch, done in a studio, so I know the problem is not there.

Any experience you can share is appreciated.

Otherwise, I love the potential of this software and can't wait to get to my more than 5k albums.

Thanks, tomo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Using the GR freebie version, and I get a bad echo on playback of the mp3 copy. This is voice. Not using RIAA (although I have tried that and the other toggles available) and my bitrate is up at 256, stereo. Gear: Technics M6 to PC with C-Media audio card. Have tried all input configurations I can think of: cassette RCA out to mike in, RCA out to line in, headphones out to mike in, headphones out to line in. The cassette audio is top-notch, done in a studio, so I know the problem is not there.

Any experience you can share is appreciated.

Otherwise, I love the potential of this software and can't wait to get to my more than 5k albums.

Thanks, tomo

Amp line out to line in on sound card should work best. Right click on the speaker icon in the right bottom corner of your PC and left click on Recording Devices. Make sure that your are configured to use line in. I once had the wrong input selected with weird results. Still got sound, but it was terrible.