uninstall problems

Guest laurel

Guest laurel

I intalled Express Scribe off the internet. Once I looked at the program I decided against it. I have a bunch of audio files which were recorded using my olympus DS-2 digital recorder which WERE all in .dss format. However, once I used the express scribe it changed them all to express scribe dictation files (which are a lot larger files than .dss).

I unintalled express scribe using Window's uninstall programs so it is no longer anywhere on my computer. However, the files are still in express scribe format. Also when I try to look at some of the files from this computer that we have on our network it automatically shows them as express scribe dictation files. However, if I look at them on another computer, they show up as DSS files.

How do I get my computer to stop using express scribe as a "default" for viewing these files and get it to go back to DSS.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
I intalled Express Scribe off the internet. Once I looked at the program I decided against it. I have a bunch of audio files which were recorded using my olympus DS-2 digital recorder which WERE all in .dss format. However, once I used the express scribe it changed them all to express scribe dictation files (which are a lot larger files than .dss).

I unintalled express scribe using Window's uninstall programs so it is no longer anywhere on my computer. However, the files are still in express scribe format. Also when I try to look at some of the files from this computer that we have on our network it automatically shows them as express scribe dictation files. However, if I look at them on another computer, they show up as DSS files.

How do I get my computer to stop using express scribe as a "default" for viewing these files and get it to go back to DSS.

Thanks!

You didn’t specify your operating system. This works with XP.

Open My computer and go to the location where the .dss file(s) reside.

Right-click on a .dss file.

Chose Properties.

On the General tab, you will see “Opens with” and a [Change] button to the right. Click this button.

Select the program which you wish to have Windows use to open .dss files.

[OK] your way back out.