Go back to a previous version?

amfitz

I downloaded version 5.00 today. When I press the foot pedal, the audio jumps all over the place. I obviously cannot work this way. Is it possible to back to the previous version (even with the foot pedal not always responding, it was way better than this)? If so, how do I do it?

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded version 5.00 today. When I press the foot pedal, the audio jumps all over the place. I obviously cannot work this way. Is it possible to back to the previous version (even with the foot pedal not always responding, it was way better than this)? If so, how do I do it?

I'm not sure you can, unless you saved the previous version on your hard drive. Because programmers have to keep up with Windows and other new operating systems all the time, and their new versions may be buggy in the haste to keep up, I've made a habit of saving the previous version of any program I have to use a lot, so I can bail out of the new version if I have to.

An alternative, however, is to use the hot keys. I'm physically unable to use a foot pedal, and have been using hot keys on Express Scribe and other transcriber programs for over a decade now. While the best of all possible world would be for Express Scribe to have a toggle play/pause/backstep/play key rather than 2-3 keys, they have developed a key called "play with pausing" which plays a segment, pauses automatically, and then plays the next segment while you catch up in the pause. The amount of time played and paused are both fixed, not user programmable, but it can be useful at times.

Good luck, KRN

• 10 years later...