Foot Pedal won't stop

dbwilkes

I am using a VEC Infinity foot pedal with a Microsoft Vista operating system. At random intervals the foot pedal won't stop the transcription and sometimes it will start up by itself and run. I've tried re-booting the pedal and configuring the settings but nothing has worked. I'm using version 4.37 of Express Scribe. I have an older version 4.23 on another computer and never had any foot pedal problems. Help!

I posted a similar problem on Oct 14th (tap lock) but so far no solutions. I wonder if I can get the old version back -- had no foot pedal problems then.

I added a reply in the "tap lock" thread and also sent a note to ES support. So far I have received no replies at all. I searched around a bit the other night to see if there is a place we can safely download the previous version of ES but didn't have time to really invest in the research. I'll check again as soon as I catch up on my work. This foot pedal problem really slows production. I certainly hope this thread produces a response, we can't be the only ones experiencing these problems . . . can we?

Thanks for your reply, Florida Typist. Maybe they'll reply soon knowing there are quite a few of us with this really annoying issue. I should have known better than to download something new just before an avalanche of work. Are you an MT?

Sometimes mine won't stop, sometimes it starts when I'm not touching the foot pedal. It only reverses if it feels like it, and sometimes it sounds like it's playing reverse and forward at the same time.

Has anybody else lost all the other sound on their computer since installation of this program? I'm now totally silent.

Thanks for your reply, Florida Typist. Maybe they'll reply soon knowing there are quite a few of us with this really annoying issue. I should have known better than to download something new just before an avalanche of work. Are you an MT?

Sorry I'm just getting back to this thread. I thought I had it set to "notify" me if there was a response but I guess not.

No, I'm not an MT, I used to be many years ago but now I'm GT and mostly legal. Occasionally I need specific ES answers so I signed up here last year but I normally "hang out" at TE (www.transcriptionessentials.com).

Whatacrock, most of my problems seem to have been solved with the installation of 5.0. However, the audio still doesn't stop every single time I lift my foot from the pedal. But it's so much better than 4.37 that I'm a very happy camper now. Hope that's the solution for you too!!