[Linux] Express Scribe Hangs/Closes when used FWD/REW

Eledh

Hi all, I've been searching for quite some time to a solution to my issue here but only now realised it is slightly different than I thought it was, hopefully I can find some help here!

I've installed Express Scribe 4.31 on Ubuntu 9.04, I also have the VEC 2-pedal USB device. It successfully detected the pedals and I was able to set their function.

The program is able to play the necessary files just fine it seems, however initially it was just closing completely whenever I used the pedals. Occasionally it would jump forward/back a large amount over a few presses but eventually it would just close again.

I changed the sound device in the playback settings from [Default Sound Out] to HDA Intel: ALC888 Analog (hw:0,0). Then whenever I used the pedals the program would hang and give me an empty dialog as in the attached screenshot.

Kc0zO.png (Ignore the 224% speed, it was doing this regardless of speed. I was just testing).

However, I only now bothered to try the fast forward/rewind buttons (clicking them), and noticed I get the exact same behaviour.

In short:

- When the output device is [Default Sound Out], FFWD/REW closes the program.

- When the output device is HDA Intel: ALC888 Analog (hw:0,0), FFWD/REW hangs the program as in the screenshot.

This leads me to believe the problem is not the pedals but something sound driver related...

Has anyone had this before?

Thanks a lot!