Can VideoPad Do These Jobs?

ilovevan

I am a novice in video. Please bear with me, if my questions do not make sense.

I have some DVDs. I would like to do some editing: (a) to cut out some sections, (B) to merge some video files (movies) into one. On the DVD, I see file types BUP, IFO and VOB

My question is: can VideoPad do what I want to do? I have read the information on NCH web and I cannot find the answer. Moreover, the technical specification provides a list of supported file types. The list does not include the file types above.

I could assume that VideoPad would not allow me to do what I want to, based on what I have read on the NCH website. But, I would be surprised that it does not, since VideoPad appears to be powerful with many features, while it cannot do such basic jobs. Having familiar with WavePad (for audio) makes me wonder whether my conclusion of "cannot do that job" may be wrong.

If VideoPad can do what I want, could you give me some general guide? Thanks.

I am not sure if VideoPad will work on VOB files direct. I think you may have to convert them to another format first, then edit them in VideoPad. There are video file converters out there including Prism by NCH. I have to admit I haven't used any of them though, so I'm not going to be really helpful.

Let us know how you go doing that.

Bruce

I am a novice in video. Please bear with me, if my questions do not make sense.

I have some DVDs. I would like to do some editing: (a) to cut out some sections, (B) to merge some video files (movies) into one. On the DVD, I see file types BUP, IFO and VOB

My question is: can VideoPad do what I want to do?