Sony Cassette to Computer

colleenz

I am trying to convert cassette tapes to my computer (powerbook G4, Tiger). All the connections input/output & preferences are correct. I keep getting the error message

"Golden Records Vinyl to CD Converter cannot open the file "/var/tmp/0014omq.wav" for recording.

"Please check you have selected the correct output folder in settings"

The program won't recognize the output folder that I type in & asks if I want to create it. I click on OK, but the app. doesn't create it. So I can't get any further into the recording process. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

I am trying to convert cassette tapes to my computer (powerbook G4, Tiger). All the connections input/output & preferences are correct. I keep getting the error message

"Golden Records Vinyl to CD Converter cannot open the file "/var/tmp/0014omq.wav" for recording.

"Please check you have selected the correct output folder in settings"

The program won't recognize the output folder that I type in & asks if I want to create it. I click on OK, but the app. doesn't create it. So I can't get any further into the recording process. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Hello,

This is a known bug and has been logged with the developers. Currently there is no fix for this. However, some users have reported that by downloading the correct version of GR has fixed the issue.

Please confirm that your Mac is intel or ppc based by clicking on the Apple icon in the upper left of your screen. From there, make a backup of your software (the dmg or zip file). Then trash it and reinstall it from the website. Be sure to scroll down on the products webpage to find the correct link to download from.

That is not a guaranteed fix but it may work as a solution as it has for some others. If you want to contact NCH dirrectly they can add your email to the watchers list so you can be notified of an official fix.

cheers