No media, (Dialtone, ringback, # key Tone)

samsch

Just to clarify, what do you mean by there is no dialtone? The dialtone is used for indicating that the line is ready on a traditional telephony system. A dialtone on a softphone is usually reserved for calls placed through a USB phone handset; it is solely for user comfort and is completely superficial. Dialtones are generally seen as an annoyance rather than a necessity for softphones when used with regular headphones/speakers and hence the dialtone is not usually standard.

On the other hand, 'ringback' tones are a bit different. In some cases the service provider might choose to generate the ringback tones themselves, in which case this would be transferred as raw audio to the client as if the call was in progress. It is however also very common for service providers to simply send what I call ring packets to the client which basically tells Express Talk to generate the ringing locally. It sounds like these ring packets are not reaching Express Talk, or at least not in the format or SIP message order that Express Talk is expecting them to arrive in.

The other possibility is that the ringback tone .wav file has somehow been deleted from your installation or for whatever reason (e.g. file corruption) Express Talk is unable to generate the ring sound after receiving ring packets.

Finally, you could be facing a similar situation to what I am experiencing with my Asterisk server. My server is set to play MOH when a caller calls an outbound number. Essentially my server plays on-hold music while the caller waits for the called party to answer the phone. In this case, Express Talk fails to play the music when other ATAs, Voice Cards and IP phones do. If for whatever reason your service provider is using some sort of music-on-hold system to generate ringing sounds, that could also be the source of your problem.

It would be best if you could provide a full SIP log trace of a typical call so we can help pinpoint exactly what is causing the problem.