How to tweak region start/end?

Guest Adam Greenwood

Guest Adam Greenwood

The WavePad UI is driving me insane.

I'm trying to cut about 20 seconds out of a sample, and I want the start and end to be pretty accurate. I can roughly mark the start and end OK (so long as I save the marks), but working with marks seems crazy, becuase as soon as I scroll or move at all the current mark or region moves! Even if I recall the saved region, I can't move to the start or end of it, it dissapears. It seems like you can't mark and move as seperate operations, so if you find a good mark and then play, you can never get it back. It's horrible!

Have I misunderstood? Is it possible to accurately mark the start and end of a sample?

I'm also pretty sceptical about overall quality after some of the reviews and comments I've seen. I'm very tempted just go spend my money on one with good reviews and a trial period - nothing useful for free isn't good value.

Which version of WavePad do you have? Download the latest version of WavePad from our website. Move the mouse over the start and end position of the selected region, the cursor will be changed to a double-pointed arrow pointing west and east. You can then hold the mouse left button and adjust the position. This allows u to adjust the selected region more accurately without moving the current position.

We are already aware of the fact that the user cannot change the current position within the selected region. We are working on it for future release of WavePad.