if I pay, will a tech solve this disaster?

instructor

I downloaded the free version in April of this year.

I use the Olympus Digital voice recorder to audio record my classes. WavePad made editing recordings possible. Over the summer, I found WavePad straight-forward in editing of spoken information and the recording of CDs for students.

I intended to work the recording / WavePad technology into the faculty training of colleges and universities with the Master's Edition.

However, as I start the first week of the new semester, before I could purchase the Master's Edition, my files are self-destructing. I open a file, edit the file, close it, re-open the file to continue -- and I see the file went to a flat line. Silent. Zero.

This negates months of work to prepare for this semester. Hundreds of hours.

If I send the money for the Master's Edition, will a technician direct me to a solution of this disaster?

I backed up all my Olympus digital files to DVD. As I type this note, I am backing up all of my WavePad files to another harddrive. I cannot continue working with WavePad -- nor will I recommend WavePad to other instructors in colleges and universities -- if the program wipes out months of work due to inexpliquable failures.

Thank you