Complete audio file does not load

psftrans

I'm trying to load .wma and .mp3 files into Express Scribe and only 5, 10 minutes of a 20-40 minute file will load. When I go to settings, file types, I check off the appropriate file extensions and when I check back to see that they're still checked, they're unchecked again! Argh!! What am I doing wrong? I've been using Express Scribe for a few years with no such problems before. Can someone help me quickly as I have a job that is due today?? Much appreciated.

Thank you.

PSF

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to load .wma and .mp3 files into Express Scribe and only 5, 10 minutes of a 20-40 minute file will load. When I go to settings, file types, I check off the appropriate file extensions and when I check back to see that they're still checked, they're unchecked again! Argh!! What am I doing wrong? I've been using Express Scribe for a few years with no such problems before. Can someone help me quickly as I have a job that is due today?? Much appreciated.

Thank you.

PSF

I have several friends who use ES, and they are experiencing what I perceive to be a similar problem. MP3 files cease playing before the actual end of the file. Not everyone has this problem, and updating ES doesn't seem to fix the problem. So far, switching to WAV format seems to allow full play. (BTW, the MP3 files, when listened to in WinAmp or WMP, all play to the end.)

SMS