Giving all songs the same volume level

ultraman

I have many different recordings which have a different volume output level. I've been looking for a control which will tell me the output level of an individual song and give me the ability to change it to a certain level. I want all songs to have the same output level. Am I missing something?

• 3 weeks later...
I have many different recordings which have a different volume output level. I've been looking for a control which will tell me the output level of an individual song and give me the ability to change it to a certain level. I want all songs to have the same output level. Am I missing something?

The only way I knew, was to open them all up [ that'll fit on one disc ]

in wavepad, then look at the file and their levels, and add volume to the ones that need it.

You can play each file and jump around in each file to compare, then add as needed.

If there's an auto option for that, I never used it.

That's the best I can do for you....

kw

The only way I knew, was to open them all up [ that'll fit on one disc ]

in wavepad, then look at the file and their levels, and add volume to the ones that need it.

You can play each file and jump around in each file to compare, then add as needed.

If there's an auto option for that, I never used it.

That's the best I can do for you....

kw

Thanks for the help. So you're telling me I have to do it by ear. There's no output level number?

Ultra

You can clik on window and change the way the screen looks to you

so you can eyeball it easier, but that's it.

If someone has a cute trick, I don't know about it, and that's entirely possible.

The other option would be to forego that drama and let that take place in the burner

via the software. Providing it does a decent job, all you have to do now is to rip the last equalized burn!!!!

on EXPRESS BURN, clik THIS DISC, then choose level,

it won't take long to test it out!!!