express burn plus slow converting question

gadget1961

hi and thanks for reading this , now i have express burn plus , the latest one . i have a movie to convert over to burn , this one is taking sooooo long to convert and is so slow after about an hr. its has only gone about 5 min into the transfer. i have had no other problems with the other movies just this one, its 1.36 gb and a clear movie what can i do to speed it up , its on max and and all is up to par. has anyone cleared this up or is it just the movie , yes i have tryed others after this and they are true to their speed thanks

• 1 month later...

I have been very pleased with this product after getting over a couple of installation problems.

For the last couple of days however, it is now taking an hour to convert 10 minutes, and even when it finally gets to the supposed end time of the movie, it continues to convert....

I've tried different files and lengths but same same, slow slow.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Guest N.C.H a.n
hi and thanks for reading this , now i have express burn plus , the latest one . i have a movie to convert over to burn , this one is taking sooooo long to convert and is so slow after about an hr. its has only gone about 5 min into the transfer. i have had no other problems with the other movies just this one, its 1.36 gb and a clear movie what can i do to speed it up , its on max and and all is up to par. has anyone cleared this up or is it just the movie , yes i have tryed others after this and they are true to their speed thanks

Hi,

It has to re-encode the movie. Which means converting.

The faster your computer, the faster this will be.

Also it will make a difference depending on what default encoders you have installed on your computer.

A quick solution is to click file -> options and tick the option to use ffmpeg.

This will make burn download the ffmpeg component automatically, and use that to encode the video rather than the encoders currently on your system.

Guest N.C.H a.n
I have been very pleased with this product after getting over a couple of installation problems.

For the last couple of days however, it is now taking an hour to convert 10 minutes, and even when it finally gets to the supposed end time of the movie, it continues to convert....

I've tried different files and lengths but same same, slow slow.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Hi,

Please see above.