mp3 error help!!! can't open files

Guest jesse

hi.i've been working on a cd with wavepad 2.00 and i saved two files an hour ago under the extension of mp3 and they will not open or play and can't be burned.damnit.i need help.

i've never had this problem before.

well someone please respond.i was doing so well.

and when i would save it,it would freeze everytime until i went under task manager and clicked off mp3 encoder than it saved right.but you can't open it,play it,or burn.so it's useless.if i saved it wrong,is there any way to save it the right way without getting the corrupted file error without opening it? help!!!

Try to install the mp3 encoder from our website again at nch.com.au/components. By the way, how long is your file? The current version of WavePad cannot handle very long file. We are working to improve it in next version.

If it still doesn't work. Please tell us the format settings that you select.

• 5 months later...
Try to install the mp3 encoder from our website again at nch.com.au/components. By the way, how long is your file? The current version of WavePad cannot handle very long file. We are working to improve it in next version.

If it still doesn't work. Please tell us the format settings that you select.

I have also been having this problem and I'm in Wavepad Masters Edition. Over four dozen audio voice files now won't open for additional processing. I've tried the additional installation as recommended with no effect. I really don't want to have to RERECORD over 40 hours of audio in order to be able to process these. They are NOT Mp3 Pro I know, as I did the recording myself using Recordpad. Any suggestions?

Hello, what error message does it show?Can you play the files with Windows Media Player?

Thanks for the reply. It says the file is corrupt and will not open. However, it they all play readily in Windows media Player, musicmatch, and on the other Mp3 players in the house. Its only in switch and wavepad that they won't open. The specific message is:

Cannot open the file XXX. It is possibly either corrupt or not a true layer-3 MPEG file.

I'd really appreciate any input you can give me on this.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the reply.  It says the file is corrupt and will not open.  However, it they all play readily in Windows media Player, musicmatch, and on the other Mp3 players in the house.  Its only in switch and wavepad that they won't open.  The specific message is:

Cannot open the file XXX.  It is possibly either corrupt or not a true layer-3 MPEG file.

I'd really appreciate any input you can give me on this.

I'm getting the same problem with a few random files. One of them is encoded completely normally but gets that exact message as well. It plays in Winamp without a problem. Is there any way around this?

(I'm not really a member of this board - please contact zoningpermit at yahoo dot com to reply, thanks.)