Batch editting of tags?

Ghastoly

Question about editting tags on multiple files at once....I'm kind of a rookie here, I've used All2lame in the past to convert FLAC files to mp3. In that program, there's a tag configuration window where you can configure Artist, Album Title, Year & Genre all at once for as many files as I have selected. It must pick up the Track name from each individual file somewhere, because when the encoding is done, all the tags have what I configured plus the track name correct.

I downloaded the free version of switch and I'm wondering if I can do something similar, or if I have to manually go in and edit all tag info for each file one at a time? Is this a feature in the pay version maybe?

Oh, one other question...when I go to edit a tag, the drop down list in "Genre" doesn't appear to be in any logical order, it's certainly not alphabetical. Is that right? I have to type in the genre rather than hunting up and down that list which would be so much easier if it were alphabetical. Just wondering if there's a way for me to sort it.

Thanks in advance for you help.