Setting the T1 SIP timer????

CloudSurfer

I live in Samoa where the ping delay to my VoIP server is about 850 ms. Most VoIP applications set the T1 SIP timer to 500 ms but this causes a 401 Unauthorised error on registration with my VoIP service. This problem disappears if I can set the T1 timer to greater than 900 ms (I have my Sipura 3000 set to 1.5 sec). Is it possible to set the T1 timer on Express Talk?

Ian.

Not that I'm aware of, you probably need to contact NCH directly to get that problem resolved.

I am a bit surprised that you are able to make use of a VoIP phone service on a connection with such large latency, most people report that VoIP is unusable or at least awkward to use on any ping time greater than 500 ms.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
I live in Samoa where the ping delay to my VoIP server is about 850 ms. Most VoIP applications set the T1 SIP timer to 500 ms but this causes a 401 Unauthorised error on registration with my VoIP service. This problem disappears if I can set the T1 timer to greater than 900 ms (I have my Sipura 3000 set to 1.5 sec). Is it possible to set the T1 timer on Express Talk?

Ian.

Hi,

The timer on express talk is certainly set higher than 1.5 seconds.

Its around 5 seconds hard coded into express talk and can't be changed.

Satellites are notorious for having bad latency, but express talk shouldn't have a problem with it.

Thankyou