Express burn

nondaj

I am not only new to this program but also to the art of burning discs. I have a DVD+R disc in the DVD drive. I burned one folder of files. When I returned to burn another group of files, I got a message that told me I need to insert a new disc. I have lots of room on the inserted disc in the drive so would like to use it. What have I done in error to get this message and what can I do to avoid losing space on these discs when I burn to them?

I am not only new to this program but also to the art of burning discs. I have a DVD+R disc in the DVD drive. I burned one folder of files. When I returned to burn another group of files, I got a message that told me I need to insert a new disc. I have lots of room on the inserted disc in the drive so would like to use it. What have I done in error to get this message and what can I do to avoid losing space on these discs when I burn to them?

I suspect that your DVD+R disc was formatted for a final burn, not incremental burns. The default is normally for the burner to "finalize" a DVD+R after burning files. That means no more files or folders can be added after the initial burn. If your burner and DVDs support an appending format, you will be able to add files at subsequent times, if the DVD+R was so formatted. So the solution is to ensure the DVD+R is formatted to permit "appending" of files or folders; or, to burn all your files and folders that you want on the DVD+R in one burn session.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

I suspect that your DVD+R disc was formatted for a final burn, not incremental burns. The default is normally for the burner to "finalize" a DVD+R after burning files. That means no more files or folders can be added after the initial burn. If your burner and DVDs support an appending format, you will be able to add files at subsequent times, if the DVD+R was so formatted. So the solution is to ensure the DVD+R is formatted to permit "appending" of files or folders; or, to burn all your files and folders that you want on the DVD+R in one burn session.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

hello Phil my name is mike and i am trying to put photos on either a dvd or cd to play back through my dvd player

do you know what programme i should use and what type of discs i have tried it through ordinary nero but my dvd player wont recognise the disc please reply to mikeantro@yahoo.co.uk thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
hello Phil my name is mike and i am trying to put photos on either a dvd or cd to play back through my dvd player

do you know what programme i should use and what type of discs i have tried it through ordinary nero but my dvd player wont recognise the disc please reply to mikeantro@yahoo.co.uk thank you

Hi,

The program that will do what you want is photostage, or video pad.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/slideshow/index.html

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

Both are free.

Thankyou