No audio through iTunes since Zulu install, HELP!!

curtis110

I just installed zulu and some associated programs, and now my iTunes audio does not work.

Also when trying to launch "Sounds and Audio Devices" from the Control Panel, I get an error that says Cannot find the MMDRIVER.INF file needed to install drivers. The file may be damaged or may not be in your Windows SYSTEM32 directory.

My iTunes worked fine before this install, which is the only thing I've done. What happened?

There was a pop-up message during the ZULU install mentioning something about setting zulu to the default player....??? But also said that the default player would be reset upon exiting the program. Maybe this did not happen properly??? Please help, I have a large project pending and need iTunes to be returned to normal. Thanks in advance for your help on this issue.

Curtis.

Guest N.C.H a.n
I just installed zulu and some associated programs, and now my iTunes audio does not work.

Also when trying to launch "Sounds and Audio Devices" from the Control Panel, I get an error that says Cannot find the MMDRIVER.INF file needed to install drivers. The file may be damaged or may not be in your Windows SYSTEM32 directory.

My iTunes worked fine before this install, which is the only thing I've done. What happened?

There was a pop-up message during the ZULU install mentioning something about setting zulu to the default player....??? But also said that the default player would be reset upon exiting the program. Maybe this did not happen properly??? Please help, I have a large project pending and need iTunes to be returned to normal. Thanks in advance for your help on this issue.

Curtis.

Hi,

Depending on which associated programs you installed will depend on which program is trying to open the audio files that used to open with itunes.

Generally when you install other audio programs they will make themselves the default player for audio files.

The best way for you to fix this is to use itunes to reset itself as the default player for audio files.

Then when this happens again if you install another program, you'll be able to fix it. :)

There are 2 ways to fix it which you can see here http://support.apple.com/kb/TA27514?viewlocale=en_US

Your other problem with the error you are getting from sounds and audio devices, is a common windows problem that pops up from time to time.

And there is a solution to fix it here http://www.infdump.com/download-inf-files_...-/download.html click on the link that says "click here to download mmdriver.inf"

This will download a text file. save this file as mmdriver.inf and then put the file into c:\windows\system32

Then you will not get that error coming up anymore.

Alternatively I've attached the mmdriver.inf file to this email for you. so all you need to do is save this file to the "system32" folder which is in the "windows" folder on "c:\" drive.

Thankyou

mmdriver.zip