Newbie Wrestling with Wavepad Pro for Editing

Double H

Hello,

I purchased the full version of Wavepad (3.14 Power PC for Mac with OS Tiger) and attempted to learn how to use it.

I imported an MP3 file and opened it; while it is playing, the editing features from the Edit men are available, but not the buttons along the top.

When I stop playing and go to Edit feature, NO editing features are available and NO buttons for editing are available.

I have read the entire help menu, several times.

I searched the forum.

I saved the file as a .wav, and all I got was a flat green line with no sound.

I am obviously missing something VERY basic as WavePad was recommended to me and is supposed to be fairly simple to use.

So far, all I can get it to do is "play" and that is no good.

Please advise - and thank you!

Double H

P.S. - I'm trying to edit/cut down a radio interview I did from 30 minutes to a 7 minute spot, so I need the cut, copy, paster, trim, etc... functions to NOT be grayed out but to be active so I can use them.

P.P.S. - When playing a file and pressing the fast forward button, nothing happens. I click it once or hold it and get nothing. Is this a fast forward button or not?

Hello,

I purchased the full version of Wavepad (3.14 Power PC for Mac with OS Tiger) and attempted to learn how to use it.

I imported an MP3 file and opened it; while it is playing, the editing features from the Edit men are available, but not the buttons along the top.

When I stop playing and go to Edit feature, NO editing features are available and NO buttons for editing are available.

I have read the entire help menu, several times.

I searched the forum.

I saved the file as a .wav, and all I got was a flat green line with no sound.

I am obviously missing something VERY basic as WavePad was recommended to me and is supposed to be fairly simple to use.

So far, all I can get it to do is "play" and that is no good.

Please advise - and thank you!

Double H

P.S. - I'm trying to edit/cut down a radio interview I did from 30 minutes to a 7 minute spot, so I need the cut, copy, paster, trim, etc... functions to NOT be grayed out but to be active so I can use them.

P.P.S. - When playing a file and pressing the fast forward button, nothing happens. I click it once or hold it and get nothing. Is this a fast forward button or not?

Double H:

Good morning. You do not mention selecting areas of the .wav file. This is basic to working with WavePad. You have to select the regions of the sound file that you wish to manipulate, trim, cut, paste, etc. Once you have selected a portion of the sound file, the editing buttons/menu are active.

The FF button does work when playing. Click on it with the mouse, and hold the left mouse button down, and the playback speed begins to be faster and faster until you release it. It does take a second or two before you will notice the playback speed start to incrementally increase.

Hope this helps. Let us know you make out. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil