IVM blocked at startup by Vista

zzzzbarb

When starting my computer Vista blocks IVM from automatically loading at startup. I believe it's because Vista doesn't recognize NCH as an authorized source.

This is a serious problem when we travel and are not available to manually start IVM, in the case of a reboot caused by a power failure or Windows' automatic update program.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best...

Rich

This is strange, I have not experienced this problem with Vista.

Do you have UAC on or off on Vista? If you want to ensure that programs can run and complete operations unattended, you must turn off UAC otherwise Windows will constantly ask you for permission and to approve automatic start-ups of some programs. UAC is not as big of a problem in Windows 7 or for programs which are digitally signed with a certificate on Vista, however most of the time UAC is just an annoyance and should be turned off (so long as you know what you're doing).

Thanks for the response. I was able to find a "work around" using the task manager. All good now.

Thanks again...

Rich

This is strange, I have not experienced this problem with Vista.

Do you have UAC on or off on Vista? If you want to ensure that programs can run and complete operations unattended, you must turn off UAC otherwise Windows will constantly ask you for permission and to approve automatic start-ups of some programs. UAC is not as big of a problem in Windows 7 or for programs which are digitally signed with a certificate on Vista, however most of the time UAC is just an annoyance and should be turned off (so long as you know what you're doing).