Add files to burned DVD

jabailo

I burned a file using Express Burn (free) to a DVD+R disk that has a RW label at the bottom.

Now I want to add a file.

When I launch Express Burn it doesn't seem to recognize the existing file.

When I try to burn the new file it rejects the DVD because it says that it's already been used.

Can I add files to an already used DVD using Express Burn Free ?

Guest N.C.H a.n
I burned a file using Express Burn (free) to a DVD+R disk that has a RW label at the bottom.

Now I want to add a file.

When I launch Express Burn it doesn't seem to recognize the existing file.

When I try to burn the new file it rejects the DVD because it says that it's already been used.

Can I add files to an already used DVD using Express Burn Free ?

Hi,

There are 2 things here.

1) Express Burn will not list files already on a cd/dvd. If you want to ADD to a cd/dvd, then you need to copy the data off the cd/dvd to a folder or something, then put this data back on the disk when you burn the new data. So you would add the folder containing the original data to the disk in express burn.

2) When you go to burn, tick the option to erase non-blank rewritable disk and burn should then erase the disk and burn the new data. But I'm thinking that your DVD is NOT re-writable.

The fact that you said its a dvd+r that has a RW label down the bottom leads me to beleive that its not rewritable. as re-writable dvd's are called dvd+rw or dvd-rw.

I'm not sure what the RW label on your disk is for but I'm guessing its to misslead people into thinking that the disk may be re-writable.

re-writable disks are normally about double the price of a write once disk too.

Thankyou