Singing/recording into a track

Mixingman

I've downloaded both wavepad and mixpad. Wavepad is the bomb. I figured much it out without reading the instructions. My question is: I'd like to sing within an already recorded song track and record it. Can anyone shed some light on what I'd need to accomplish this? A mic, etc? And is wavepad or mixpad the program for this? Thank you in advance.

I've downloaded both wavepad and mixpad. Wavepad is the bomb. I figured much it out without reading the instructions. My question is: I'd like to sing within an already recorded song track and record it. Can anyone shed some light on what I'd need to accomplish this? A mic, etc? And is wavepad or mixpad the program for this? Thank you in advance.

Mixpad is a multi-track recorder, so you'd probably find it much more useful and can layer the vocals over the instrumental. Hardware wise; a soundcard with 'mic' or 'line in' + a microphone and you're set! If you're really keen on it you might want to invest in a Preamp too to boost the mic signal :)

• 3 weeks later...
Mixpad is a multi-track recorder, so you'd probably find it much more useful and can layer the vocals over the instrumental. Hardware wise; a soundcard with 'mic' or 'line in' + a microphone and you're set! If you're really keen on it you might want to invest in a Preamp too to boost the mic signal :)

Thanks for the help!