ffwd, rew does not work with (wine)express scribe 4.3 (os: ubuntu 8.10.1)

berlin

hello,

i am using a (wine)express scribe 4.30 on a ubuntu (netbook-remix, ubuntu 8.10.1 Intrepid Ibex)os.

it works well, but what does not work ist the ffwd and rewind-function. not with mouse-klick on the buttons, not with the hot-keys. it makes the sound of rewinding, but is still on the same point of the audio-file. i tried it with both: audiofile playing or stopped. no move at all.

maybe there is a trick which i haven't discovered yet?

i searched the help, the FAQ as well as the forum and can' t find any hint so far ...

and since the files i do have to transcribe are very, very long, and sometimes dificult to understand, the scrollbar is not very handy for rewinding..

any help out there?

thank you

angela

hello,

i am using a (wine)express scribe 4.30 on a ubuntu (netbook-remix, ubuntu 8.10.1 Intrepid Ibex)os.

it works well, but what does not work ist the ffwd and rewind-function. not with mouse-klick on the buttons, not with the hot-keys. it makes the sound of rewinding, but is still on the same point of the audio-file. i tried it with both: audiofile playing or stopped. no move at all.

maybe there is a trick which i haven't discovered yet?

i searched the help, the FAQ as well as the forum and can' t find any hint so far ...

and since the files i do have to transcribe are very, very long, and sometimes dificult to understand, the scrollbar is not very handy for rewinding..

any help out there?

thank you

angela

Angela,

I'm having a similar problem on Ubuntu 8.10 on an Acer Aspire One. I'm using the Debian installation, not via wine. Anytime I try to rewind, fast forward, stop/play, it actually fast-forwards the tape an uncertain amount. One one tape (approximately 11 minutes) it was fast-forwarding 20 seconds. On a different tape, it was more than 40-60 seconds per forward.

I really want to use my netbook for transcription, but until I get this fixed, I'm stuck with my less portable (yet sufficient, I guess) 15.4" laptop.

Anyone have any help?

I'm using the Debian installation, not via wine.

hi jeg,

first i tried the non-wine version too. but this didn't work at all: the duration of the audio-files wasn't displayed correctly, then, my very long audio-file didn't load as a whole (only the first 20 mins out of over 3 hours), ffwd and rew didn't work and, if i remember correctly - it was not possible to move to a certain point of the file, e.g. the 5th minute: i had always to play it from the beginning.

so i tried the wine- version wich works quite well, except the wind-problem.

what is cool is, that it rewinds at every stop a little bit. i heard that this can be adjustet with the "autobackstepinterval" - but i didn't find it yet.

so, maybe someone comes up with some hint, but i doubt it, since all the postings with the ffwd/rew-topic remained unanswered. but letz hope :)

bye

angela