Great Potential but as yet unfulfilled

DURNKING

Wow! When I discovered this family of interconnected programs I thought I was in software heaven. But there's a major glitch So maybe some from the company can give me a hint.

I created a slideshow with music track in Photostage. Went like grease through a goose. I saved it in whatever format Photostage uses. Then I went to Express Burn to create the DVD.

Video DVD would not load the file format from Photostage so I had to use Data DVD. It burned okay but when I tried to view it using Cyberlink Power DVD it said it was an unsupported format.

What I want is to be able to send the slideshow via YouSendIt to a friend so he can view the slideshow on his big screen projector.

What's the secret?

Thanks.

Guest N.C.H a.n
Wow! When I discovered this family of interconnected programs I thought I was in software heaven. But there's a major glitch So maybe some from the company can give me a hint.

I created a slideshow with music track in Photostage. Went like grease through a goose. I saved it in whatever format Photostage uses. Then I went to Express Burn to create the DVD.

Video DVD would not load the file format from Photostage so I had to use Data DVD. It burned okay but when I tried to view it using Cyberlink Power DVD it said it was an unsupported format.

What I want is to be able to send the slideshow via YouSendIt to a friend so he can view the slideshow on his big screen projector.

What's the secret?

Thanks.

Hi,

In Photostage there is a button to "build Slideshow". If you click this, you will have 2 options to do what you want to do.

1 - you can tell photostage to compile the slideshow into a single file that you can play on the PC. (using avi will need the DivX codecs installed for playback. Unless you use VLC) If you select the format to be .wmv then the file will be able to get played back through media player no trouble.

2 - you can burn the slideshow to a dvd, then run express burn and create an ISO image of the disk. So when they receive the ISO file at the other end, if they install Express Burn, then they can just double click the file to Burn it to a DVD. Then they will have the same copy of DVD that you burn't using Photostage. To create the ISO in Express Burn, click "Burner" -> "Create ISO Image from a disk"

I hope this helps.

Thankyou

Guest N.C.H a.n
Very good. Thanks.

One more question. They're using a Mac. Does everything you just outlined work for Apple?

Hi,

Yeah it shouldn't be a problem. Macs shouldn't have any trouble playing an AVI or even a .WMV file. (depending on codecs etc installed)

Even using the ISO method, they should still be able to burn the file by using their preferred burning program on the mac. (remember to tell them to use the burn disk from image option)

Just burning the ISO image to the disk as data will not work. they will need to select the "image from disk" option (it may be worded differently depending on the program) so that the program burns the slideshow from the ISO file.

ISO files are like a snapshot of the DVD or CD. you can create many discs the same from 1 ISO.

Using an AVI file is probably the best method in this case.

Thankyou

Hi,

Yeah it shouldn't be a problem. Macs shouldn't have any trouble playing an AVI or even a .WMV file. (depending on codecs etc installed)

Even using the ISO method, they should still be able to burn the file by using their preferred burning program on the mac. (remember to tell them to use the burn disk from image option)

Just burning the ISO image to the disk as data will not work. they will need to select the "image from disk" option (it may be worded differently depending on the program) so that the program burns the slideshow from the ISO file.

ISO files are like a snapshot of the DVD or CD. you can create many discs the same from 1 ISO.

Using an AVI file is probably the best method in this case.

Thankyou

Thanks again.

One last question. I successfully created the slideshow with music and was able to "make a slideshow" both on my HD and burn it onto a disk. Everything works find except the color of the photographs is off.

I created the slideshow by converting Photoshop files to 8 bit and then saving them as JPEGs. The original JPEG's look great on my system but when I view the slideshow through Windows Media Player there is a slight yellow cast to everything.

Is there something I need to do to maintain the original color temp?

Thanks

Guest N.C.H a.n
One last question. I successfully created the slideshow with music and was able to "make a slideshow" both on my HD and burn it onto a disk. Everything works find except the color of the photographs is off.

I created the slideshow by converting Photoshop files to 8 bit and then saving them as JPEGs. The original JPEG's look great on my system but when I view the slideshow through Windows Media Player there is a slight yellow cast to everything.

Is there something I need to do to maintain the original color temp?

Thanks

Hi,

Try changing the encoder settings.

when you click Build Slideshow, and select Windows PC, there should be an encoder options... button that you can click.

Check that the video Compressor is set to MPEG4 (Native) and the sound to MP3 (native).

If you still get a yellowishness on the pics, try one of the other Video Compressors. (I can't say which one because it will vary depending on the encoders installed on your computer).

If that still doesn't fix it, change the format to WMV and see what happens. If they're still yellow, I would try playing the file through a different player. Try VLC media player. Just google VLC and click the I'm feeling lucky button.

Let me know how you go. :)

Thankyou

• 9 months later...

Hi once again. I've made another slideshow and would like to send it out as an email attachment and also load it up on YouTube. I produced the slideshow in the PC mode. How do I upload the finished version to these two areas. Thanks.

This is an excellent program by the way. Simple and flexable. Thanks for making it available for the occasional user.

Hi,

Try changing the encoder settings.

when you click Build Slideshow, and select Windows PC, there should be an encoder options... button that you can click.

Check that the video Compressor is set to MPEG4 (Native) and the sound to MP3 (native).

If you still get a yellowishness on the pics, try one of the other Video Compressors. (I can't say which one because it will vary depending on the encoders installed on your computer).

If that still doesn't fix it, change the format to WMV and see what happens. If they're still yellow, I would try playing the file through a different player. Try VLC media player. Just google VLC and click the I'm feeling lucky button.

Let me know how you go. :)

Thankyou