Linksys FXO Adapter Setup with Express Talk

cgp163

I've been trying to setup Express Talk on my laptop with a Linksys FXO Adapter that I purchased directly from the NCH Software website, which came with no instructions beyond how to plug it in. I’m trying to use a standard phone line. I can't seem to find a simple set of setup instructions and can't get it working. Express Talk seems to just see my wireless network. Is there a link anyone can provide to a step by step setup including any drivers needed and the order to install things?

In the Axon forum you will find a detailed guide (sticky topic by me) for setting it up. The guide is actually for Axon which is designed to sit between the FXO (the adapter) and the FXS (Express Talk). I assume you want ot use the FXO to connect to a physical line from your local telco to handle inbound/outbound calls (what an FXO is for)? The linksys FXO adapters usually also have 1 or 2 FXS ports which you can set-up as extensions.

The instructions aren't that simple though. The Linksys by Cisco products like the 3102 are business class networking devices that are quite sophisticated and there are literally hundreds of configurable options which makes it highly adaptable in different environements, but also a difficult to set-up for the average user.