DVD burning and playing

patriot1245

Hi!! New to the software of Express Burn. I was curious regarding the difference between Data DVD and Video DVD. I saved movies to hard drive and then burned them to DVD w/ Express Burn but it would not burn as Video DVD, only Data DVD. They will not play in DVD recorder, which also plays DVD's. Any time that i would try to burn as Video DVD, continued to receive message about re-authoring files. Would the problem be as simple as the DVD player???

Any help with this matter is appreciated.....

Thanks... :rolleyes:

Guest N.C.H a.n
Hi!! New to the software of Express Burn. I was curious regarding the difference between Data DVD and Video DVD. I saved movies to hard drive and then burned them to DVD w/ Express Burn but it would not burn as Video DVD, only Data DVD. They will not play in DVD recorder, which also plays DVD's. Any time that i would try to burn as Video DVD, continued to receive message about re-authoring files. Would the problem be as simple as the DVD player???

Any help with this matter is appreciated.....

Thanks... :rolleyes:

Hi,

Yes burning using the Data DVD option will burn the movie files, but thats all it will do. It will burn the files as they are. Which is not the standard DVD format.

So you need to select the Video DVD option. (this converts video files into a standard dvd format that most dvd player can read.

What exactly does the message about re-authoring say? is there an option to click yes. to re-author or something. (sorry I can't get the message to pop up for me and the Express Burn Programmers are sick today so I can't ask them).

It sounds to me like there are 1 of 2 things happening here.

1. the program is just telling you that its going to re-author the movies and continue burning if you click the right option.

2. the movies are copy protected, (or contain copy protection) and therefor Express Burn is complaining that it cannot re-author the files due to the copy protection. (in this case, installing a program called AnyDVD will remove the copy protection and enable you to burn the files as a video DVD).

Thankyou