Express Burn from Record Pad

potatoehead1955

I have been testing out Record Pad and Express Burn to record lectures to CD for the last 2 weeks. This is the best solution for my needs as students are begining to ask "whats magnetic tape?" However, each time I load a new blank media into the CD drive on my PC, an error message pops up after I commit to burn. It indicates that I need to use a new blank disk! I have a Compaq Presario 1210NX and I've updated the Realtek driver to try and resolve this but to no avail. After two weeks of frustration I'm lost as to why the blank media won't record and the silly CD tray also keeps cycling open!

By the way, it's only successfully burnt a lecture on the first occasion, ironically using the same media I've been trying to use since that time. I love the software package and it appears to do the job, but won't burn my .AIFF files.

I do need to get this resolved as I'm now out of time for both my trial period as well as my students patience. I'd like to purchase the software, but without being able to use Express Burn to burn my lecture to CD, obviously I can't commit to a purchase!

Q. Is there any other software combination I can purchase that will allow me to record or burn my voice in .AIFF format which won't reject the blank media?

Guest N.C.H a.n
I have been testing out Record Pad and Express Burn to record lectures to CD for the last 2 weeks. This is the best solution for my needs as students are begining to ask "whats magnetic tape?" However, each time I load a new blank media into the CD drive on my PC, an error message pops up after I commit to burn. It indicates that I need to use a new blank disk! I have a Compaq Presario 1210NX and I've updated the Realtek driver to try and resolve this but to no avail. After two weeks of frustration I'm lost as to why the blank media won't record and the silly CD tray also keeps cycling open!

By the way, it's only successfully burnt a lecture on the first occasion, ironically using the same media I've been trying to use since that time. I love the software package and it appears to do the job, but won't burn my .AIFF files.

I do need to get this resolved as I'm now out of time for both my trial period as well as my students patience. I'd like to purchase the software, but without being able to use Express Burn to burn my lecture to CD, obviously I can't commit to a purchase!

Q. Is there any other software combination I can purchase that will allow me to record or burn my voice in .AIFF format which won't reject the blank media?

Hi,

What kind of blank disc are you using? (cd-r, cd-rw, cd+r etc)

And are you trying to burn an audio cd or a data cd?

If your trying to burn an audio cd, how long are the files you are trying to burn? as they need to be under 74mins total. as you can only fit 74mins (or 80 mins depending on disk) on a cd.

Something else you can try is select the option to burn the cd using windows media player and see if that works.

also please check that you are using version 4.24. by clicking Help -> About Express Burn...

if you are not using 4.24, please download it from http://www.nch.com.au/burn/index.html

Thankyou