Can not play in the latest DVD Recorders

rishnaik

I have created ISO file from a .avi file and burnt the image to different makes of DVDs. I can play this DVD in my car DVD player and in a (7 year old) with built in DVD drive. But I can not play the same DVD in either my Pioneer DVR-420H DVD Recorder or the latest Sony RDR-HXD790 DVD Recorder. I have burned on both DVD+R and DVD+RW. Both players do not recognize the DVDs at all. What am I doing wrong?

The ISO file is output in PAL format which is the standard in UK.

regards,

Girish

I have created ISO file from a .avi file and burnt the image to different makes of DVDs. I can play this DVD in my car DVD player and in a (7 year old) with built in DVD drive. But I can not play the same DVD in either my Pioneer DVR-420H DVD Recorder or the latest Sony RDR-HXD790 DVD Recorder. I have burned on both DVD+R and DVD+RW. Both players do not recognize the DVDs at all. What am I doing wrong?

The ISO file is output in PAL format which is the standard in UK.

regards,

Girish

I meant a 7 year old TV with built in DVD drive.

Guest N.C.H a.n
I meant a 7 year old TV with built in DVD drive.

Hi,

Thats no good at all. you would think that a new player should be able to play a new disc.

You are soo close to sorting the problem too. dvd+r and dvd+rw, are pretty much the same. (in terms of how they are read and written to)

So I would suggest trying a dvd-r or dvd-rw as these discs work slightly different.

A dvd+R may still work if you switch brands. (try to get a DVD with a different coloured bottom than the one that didn't work) the colours sometimes stop certain lasers from making a decent reflection that can be read properly.