Does Express Talk know "events"?

r.vanlaake

Hi,

I want to link Express Talk to my telemarketing application (Windows platform). For that I need to know what's going on on the telephone line, for example: "line busy", "dialing", "connected", "line dropped" etc. I have done this with TAPI compliant telephonydrivers (when using a hardware PBX), and also with Skype using their developers API.

ET only has talk.exe with which I can do nothing of the such. Or????? Anyone any ideas? I also asked NCH but so far I only got "line dead" -> no answers.

Thanks,

Raymond

Thanks for y'r reply. I think what you say is the only way indeed, though I am still investigating if some kind of Window hooking would work.

Personally I really don't understand why this functionality is missing. ET is in every aspect superior when combined with VRS, Remote Monitor etc. But for my clients (callcenters) it is absolutely necessary to call with "progressive dialing" (for example: automatically calling the next number when "line busy" is detected).

Another disappointment: I asked NCH about this, but I get no answers at all.... not even a "no we're sorry"....

Raymond