Drivers work fine but TELCTAUSB2 ports not seen by IVM?

jackgh

I'm not sure what I'm missing here. I bought and just received the TELCTAUSB2 device (SHT-2B/USB). I installed the latest drivers from Synway (5.0.3) and IVM version 4.20. The drivers seem to work fine. Device Manager shows "SHT-2B/USB" under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers". The ShCtiConfig program detected the device and its serial number. The Test program seems to see the 2 channels and the Pickup/Hangup functions generate clicking sounds on the device. But IVM does not see the lines. When I go to the Telephony tab in the Settings screen and click Add, it doesn't find them. It shows "New SIP based VoIP Account..." and "New hardware not in list" in the list but I don't think that this is what I want. I'm under the understanding that IVM has built-in support for these devices and will use the underylying drivers and API to detect the devices and control them.

Is there a step that I've missed? Can someone tell me if the 2 lines on the device are supposed to be "virtualized" and be detected as 2 different "modems" in the Windows control panel? Is there any other driver/setup that I need that will install wave/multimedia drivers for the device?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Jack

I got this to work eventually. I had to re-install the synway drivers about 3 times before it finally worked. I don't know if the problem is technically the Synway drivers or with IVM. Like I said before, the drivers themselves worked because the Config and Test program detected the device. Strange....

I'm not sure what I'm missing here. I bought and just received the TELCTAUSB2 device (SHT-2B/USB). I installed the latest drivers from Synway (5.0.3) and IVM version 4.20. The drivers seem to work fine. Device Manager shows "SHT-2B/USB" under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers". The ShCtiConfig program detected the device and its serial number. The Test program seems to see the 2 channels and the Pickup/Hangup functions generate clicking sounds on the device. But IVM does not see the lines. When I go to the Telephony tab in the Settings screen and click Add, it doesn't find them. It shows "New SIP based VoIP Account..." and "New hardware not in list" in the list but I don't think that this is what I want. I'm under the understanding that IVM has built-in support for these devices and will use the underylying drivers and API to detect the devices and control them.

Is there a step that I've missed? Can someone tell me if the 2 lines on the device are supposed to be "virtualized" and be detected as 2 different "modems" in the Windows control panel? Is there any other driver/setup that I need that will install wave/multimedia drivers for the device?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Jack