Separating A single MP3 file into sections

LuisCarrascoCortes

:blink: I'm creating large MP3 files for educational purposes which are edited in Wavepad (I have the master's edition) but are played by my students in their MP3 players... Our standard application at work is Microsoft Windows Media Player. I would like to be able to add markers (or tabs or sections - not sure what the terminology is...) that will seprate the large file into sections that allow the listener to skip to the next section without having to listen to the whole file...

I have tried using bookmarks but when I listen to the file in Windows media player it appears as one large file and the skip buttons (--->|) are greyed out.

How do I do this using Wavepad? :blink:

:blink: I'm creating large MP3 files for educational purposes which are edited in Wavepad (I have the master's edition) but are played by my students in their MP3 players... Our standard application at work is Microsoft Windows Media Player. I would like to be able to add markers (or tabs or sections - not sure what the terminology is...) that will seprate the large file into sections that allow the listener to skip to the next section without having to listen to the whole file...

I have tried using bookmarks but when I listen to the file in Windows media player it appears as one large file and the skip buttons (--->|) are greyed out.

How do I do this using Wavepad? :blink:

WavePad bookmarks are used for editing and/or locating purposes while using WavePad. As far as I know, WavePad bookmarks are not recognized by the Windows Media Player application, which merrily ignores them, as though they do not exist. Tough luck.

Hence what you need to do is create separate mp3 files for the various sections (which are called "regions" by WavePad). Each section will then be recognizable by Windows Media Player, and it is a simple matter to pass over unwanted files that correspond with sections of the original large file in which the student is not interested.

Directions for creating regions and saving them as independent files are provided in the WavePad help file which is included with the program. The keyword to look for in searching through the help for is "region".

gooroo

WavePad bookmarks are used for editing and/or locating purposes while using WavePad. As far as I know, WavePad bookmarks are not recognized by the Windows Media Player application, which merrily ignores them, as though they do not exist. Tough luck.

Hence what you need to do is create separate mp3 files for the various sections (which are called "regions" by WavePad). Each section will then be recognizable by Windows Media Player, and it is a simple matter to pass over unwanted files that correspond with sections of the original large file in which the student is not interested.

Directions for creating regions and saving them as independent files are provided in the WavePad help file which is included with the program. The keyword to look for in searching through the help for is "region".

gooroo

Thank you. That solves the problem.